How to Choose the Best Toys for You? In details
There are many different factors to consider when selecting a toy, including function, style, material, size, cost, and your own personal taste. This chapter offers a good guide for what to think about before you buy; as you think about your options, keep in mind that you don’t have to limit yourself to just one toy!
What would you like the toy to do?
What do you want to use it for?
What features are important to you?
Some toys are pretty self-explanatory when it comes to figuring out what they are created for; for example, if you want to blindfold someone, you can get a blindfold. But other toys are a little more complex.
Some are designed for a very specific task.
An ergonomic vibrator, for instance, has a single purpose: Its shape is meant to hug the curves of a woman’s body and deliver clitoral stimulation.
A vaginal barbell is suitable for women who want to exercise and strengthen their PC muscles and for those who like the feeling of a heavy object inside.
As its name indicates, a butt plug is an anal pleasure toy, but it delivers a specific kind of anal stimulation: a feeling of fullness inside the rectum without any movement. So, if you like in-and-out movement during anal penetration, a plug is not the best toy for the job (try a dildo instead). Other toys can be used for several different activities, such as some vibrators. Although slimline and phallic vibrators appear to be built for penetration, they can also be used for external clitoral stimulation.
Wand-style vibrators are for external stimulation only; however, many have separate attachments that transform them into insertable toys.
Fingertip vibes are great for stimulating clits, and they can also bring some buzz to the nipples, anus, balls, and shaft of the penis. Curved dildos and wands are great for both G-spot and prostate stimulation. Some toys are multitaskers, such as double-ended dildos, which allow two partners to be penetrated at the same time.
Similarly, dual-action vibrators are made for simultaneous vaginal penetration and clitoral stimulation.
Pick Your Pleasure: SeX Toys by Function
- External clitoral vibrators: bullets, eggs, fingertip vibes, pocket rockets, disguised vibes, ergonomic vibrators, wand-style plug-ins, wearable vibes, slimline vibes, phallic vibes, luxury vibes, smart vibes, vibrating cock rings
- Vaginal penetration with vibration: hands-free insertable vibes, slimline vibes, phallic vibes, G-spotters, luxury vibes, some smart vibes, dildos with vibrator, wand-style plug-in vibrators with attachments
- Simultaneous clitoral vibration and vaginal penetration: rabbit-style dualaction vibes, curvy double-action vibes
- Vaginal penetration (without vibration): dildos, wands, vaginal barbells • G-spot stimulation: G-spot vibrators, luxury vibes, curved dildos, wands, wand-style plug-in vibrators with G-spot attachments
- Anal penetration with vibration: dildos with bullet vibes, vibrating butt plugs, inflatable plugs, vibrating probes
- Anal penetration: anal beads, butt plugs, dildos, curved dildos, wands
- Strap-on sex: dildos, dildos with bullet vibes, strap-on harnesses, thigh harnesses
- Simultaneous penetration for him and her: double-headed dildos, simultaneous penetration toys
- Prostate stimulation: curved dildos, some G-spot vibrators and wands, butt plugs, vibrating butt plugs, prostate toys
- Erection enhancement: cock rings, penis pumps
- Penis and ball stimulation: penis sleeves, penis pumps, vibrators, bullets, eggs, fingertip vibes, pocket rockets, wand-style plug-ins, vibrating cock rings
- Sensation play: feathers, massage oil, edible body paint and dust, massage oil candles, liquid latex
- Bondage: blindfolds, hoods, bondage tape, cuffs and restraints, collars, bondage kits
- Spanking: paddles, slappers, crops
- Role-play and fetish: nipple clamps, paddles, slappers, crops, floggers, canes
Consider Your Style When You Choosing Your sex Toys:
Each person has his or her own unique sense of style, and we express our taste in many different ways, from the clothes we wear, to how we style our hair, to how we decorate our homes. It used to be that the majority of sex toys were cheaply made, and they looked like garish props.
Thankfully, manufacturers have come a long way in developing toys that are not only well crafted, but are also aesthetically pleasing to a variety of people with different preferences. For some people, when it comes to their toys, it’s all about realism. They want dildos and vibrators to closely resemble penises and penis sleeves to look like vaginas (and anuses). If you want a realistic-looking and -feeling toy, look for thermal plastic toys or silicone ones.
These materials are the closest to the feel and texture of real flesh. Realistic-style dildos and vibrators have anatomically correct circumcised heads, balls, and even veins. Many come in different skin colors.
The same holds true for penis sleeves designed to look like vaginas: The more detailed (and expensive) of this variety are replicas of female sexual anatomy, complete with inner and outer labia, clitoris, vaginal opening, and pubic hair, and some even have G-spots inside! Other people want toys to look very discreet, the kind of object that if spotted in your luggage or on a bedside table wouldn’t warrant a second glance.
These often look like ordinary household gadgets, and have clean lines and simple designs. Similarly, some prefer more masculine-style toys that come in solid colors, black, or white and don’t have fancy embellishments or textures.
At the other end of the spectrum are folks who like playful toys: They may look like animals, vegetables, or fanciful creatures. These styles often come in bright colors, festive patterns, and charming packaging.
Similarly, if you’re a girly girl, there are plenty of toys out there to suit your style; think pinks, purples, reds, floral designs, leopard prints, and lots of sparkle! One of the trends in the adult toy industry definitely reflects the technologically savvy world around us; these are toys for the iPod generation and have a decidedly modern flair.
They’re shiny, sleek, ergonomic, made of top-notch materials, and above all, very high-tech. Some of them even look like toys from the future, and these are perfect for the gadget loving super geek in your life. Another trend is the rise of boutique companies that produce a small number of very high end luxury toys.
Some are made of top-notch materials such as glass, metal, stone, ceramic, and wood, while others take it a step further to Swarovski crystals, 24-karat gold, Italian leather, jade, and pearls. Some are hand made, limited edition, or one of a kind, and their presentation and packaging is usually as decadent as the toys themselves.
These toys capture a stunning design aesthetic, elevating the items from gorgeous sex toys to works of art—and they have a price tag that reflects their superior design and craftsmanship.